6/14/2007

Show Me the Images!

Today, I completed Thing #10 - Play around with online image generators. Most of those that I tried were very random, and purely for entertainment. I created my own personal avatar from yahoo! Avatars:

Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland
It was a lot of fun. There were so many elements to customize: eye color, outfit, jewelry, even her mood! Another great site for avatar making is portrait illustration maker. Here is what I made there:



I also found some interesting image generators from The Generator Blog. They have a longlong list of different generators, not just image generators, but ones like name generators, phrase generators, ect. One image generator from this blog that I liked a lot was Typo Generator. In a text box, you type in any amount of words you want (for instance, I used the first sentence from my most recent blog post), and the generator searches google with your supplied words and creates an image with text and pictures from the search! It also applies effects to both components, and look what I got!:



This exercise would definitely fit into the "play" category of the 7 1/2 habits of a life long learner!