6/12/2007

Really Simple!

On to Thing #8! I set up an account with bloglines, and added 10 feeds. Here is my public bloglines page. At first I really didn't think a newsreader was something I'd ever use. After exploring bloglines.com for a while, I actually think it's pretty cool. When I heard the term "newsreader", I was just thinking like fox news, local news, blahblahblah. But you can subscribe to any website that offers rss publication. I discovered a lot of little blogs that looked interesting. They aren't sites I'd go out of my way to visit individually, but are fun to scan. These types of sites are perfect to add to a newsreader. You can easily browse through tons of feeds you have subscribed to, and read which posts you want to all on one website. A few notable blogs I found on bloglines are double tongued dictionary "A growing lexicon of slang, jargon, and new words from the fringes of English", and yarn harlot "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee goes on (and on) about knitting". (stephanie pearl-mcphee is one of my favorite humor writers, plus, she writes about knitting!) So, this session of learning 2.0 was enlightening. =) I had fun, and learned that setting up a newsreader isn't as boring as it sounds. hehe!

No comments: