6/13/2007

Numero Nueve!

Thing number nine in week four. explore merlin, a site for maryland library staff to learn about technology. It seems to be a great resource for librarians to keep up to speed with what patrons are interested in doing nowadays. There are endless mazes of links to information on the learning links section of the site. One topic that piqued my interest was web design. It gives a list of webpages with site building tools, html guides, design tips, ect. Merlin also has forums for members to discuss topics, and ask questions of each other. I discovered some library related blogs through merlin. I added library garden blog and the shifted librarian blog to my bloglines account! Today I also browsed around some newsfeed search sites. I used technorati to view some interesting feeds on birds! (because I count bird watching as a hobby of mine) I searched on syndic8.com for a newsfeed on one of my favorite bands, evanescence. It led me to a feed from topix.net which had lots of current news on the band. I added that one to my bloglines account as well! These search tools are very handy for finding information on subjects of interest. While they might not always lead to "reliable" information, it can help to narrow down a field of research or create more points of discussion.

No comments: